Our aim is to expand our rapidly growing team of part-time qualified teachers with yet another committed and enthusiastic teacher to form an integral part of our close-knit workforce. We specialise in English, Maths and Science. As one of us, you will be responsible for preparing, expanding and implementing educational teaching plans with our proven resources. Fundamentally you will provide knowledge and teachings to students while also helping them develop their personalities and unique skills. We want you to be passionate in reaching out to students and going the "extra mile" to forge lasting relationships of mutual trust.
Responsibilities will include:
*Teaching small groups of secondary (11-16) aged children on individual work plans.
*Working as part of a team of teachers to help and support children and parents.
*Evaluate and document students' progress by grading student work and assignments during the session
*Be available to attend meeting(s); approximately one a year
*Observe and understand students' behavior and report suspicions of bullying, neglect, abuse, etc.
What we require:
*Well documented previous experience as a teacher
*Thorough knowledge of teaching standards and UK curriculum
*Excellent communication- and interpersonal skills
*Well-organized and committed
*Strong moral values and discipline
*Creative and energetic
*Degree in teaching with a certificate in education from a reputable institution (within the last 3 years)
*Ability to motivate and inspire
What we can offer you:
*The chance to tutor children in a motivating, safe and friendly environment
*You will use our proven resources, including written activities and our special computer software and receive training in the Bury Tuition Centre methods of teaching
* You will teach in our fully equipped tuition centre based on The Rock in Bury
* By working 3 x 80 minute sessions a week you can earn an additional (£2,925 - £4,224) per annum on top of your normal salary (£25-£32 per session)
The successful candidate will:
* Be a qualified (QTS), registered secondary Maths school teacher.
* Demonstrate experience in a range of secondary school stages. Previous experience of helping children prepare for 11+ exams and A level Maths/English/Science would be desirable
* Demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to make learning exciting and be prepared to try new methods of teaching
* Commitment to term time teaching
* All teaching to take place in a centre
* In-depth knowledge of UK curriculum
*Positive and enthusiastic demeanor
Please send your CV when replying to this advertisement and feel free to ask us any questions about the position here by contacting the office between 10-3pm.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £20.00 to £30.00 /hour
Required licence or certification:
or Click HERE to Apply through indeed.co.uk